tag:

Taiwan Flag

Taiwan Flag

Wednesday, February 17, 2016

What is success?

                                                                                                     Feb. 17, 2016


What a great day I had with this wonderful family.
Man, they are the very best
!






Hi Everybody!



How is everyone doing!? It's been awhile since I emailed

because this week is temple week so today we are going to the temple and have our p-day instead of last Monday. This past week and a half has been really fun. First off with Chinese New Year, lets just say lots of fireworks, firecrackers, and food. Lots and lots of food. Like we were filled to the brim. We are so thankful the Taiwanese people are so good to us!
Jewel says, these two will be best friends forever!!!
Even if they have an age gap...baptizing him and Jewel was one
of the highlights of Elder Roe's life!
Spent New Years day with this beautiful family!
 Was honored they would come to my area and share it with me!


 This last week some miracles happened. First off, our investigator L DX is going to be baptized on Saturday! Yay! Super stoked, he is great and I am so thankful I have had the chance with my companion to teach him. It is such a great privilege to get to teach these amazing people. For example yesterday we were meeting with La DX who got baptized a couple of weeks ago. We were asking about that day and he turned to us and said, "I will never forget that day for the rest of my life."

 Even though he has been so successful in life. He has a great family, had a great job, and has lived a long life already he said that all those years none of them have been as full as his life is right now. He said, "before I just looked and life and asked, Is this it? We just come, we live, and we die? What's the point of that. But now, I know. I know where I am going, I have a belief and I have direction. I have a relationship with God, which is something I have never had before. Now my life has meaning, and I now know what true happiness is." It amazes me. He is in his 70's and is so successful but true success and happiness comes from living the gospel of Jesus Christ, making covenants, and honoring those covenants. I am so happy that everyday we share happiness. Chinese has in right seeing as 福音的福 is 幸福的福. It is happiness! 


True success is making and keeping our covenants


Even though a lot happened it feels impossible to share everything that happened. So I am gonna end it here. I love you all so much and am grateful to have you all in my life! Have a amazing week and go see some miracles! 

Love,
Elder Roe

No comments:

Post a Comment