tag:

Taiwan Flag

Taiwan Flag

Tuesday, June 2, 2015

MC alum turned missionaries in Taiwan together again

Hello,                                                                                                          June 1, 2015

This week was so great! And full of adventures! Monday through Friday had every afternoon packed full of meetings! So that was a little bit rough. But this week was our trainer trainee follow-up meeting. It was the biggest meeting ever! So many people. But it was such a blast to see so many missionaries. It's crazy how many people you get to know on a mission but then when you get transferred you basically never see them again except for meetings like this. But everyone was doing really well and we learned a lot on how we can improve.
MC alum serving in Taiwan! Great to meet  up with these friends! 

This weekend was also our Stake Conference! It was really good and really long. They do things a little bit different here in Taiwan and have about 20 speakers for stake conference. Which was little fun to here everyone's different point of view and such but man, it made me tired. You really gotta focus during those meetings. Because when they are nervous they talk as fast as they can and not very clearly so you have to pay attention. I think I got more out of it than any other conference since I had to be so engaged haha. I guess God has a sense of humor. 

Anyway this week was rough when it came to meeting with our investigators. They were busy and so were we. But that left a lot of time for us to find. We met some really great people with potential. But I think the one that I am most excited for is Huang Li's mom! We went to their house to eat this week and as it turned out Huang Li wasn't even there, he was at work. I thought that was significant because she wanted to feed us even though the member wouldn't be there. So that shows she at least likes having us there.
 
 
My friend Gan ...love this guy!
 
 When I first came into the house she told me that she had been reading the BoM a little bit. She said since she had no religion, she was doing her research so that she could pick one! What!?!?!? Yeah that's what I like to hear! At the end of the night we talked to her about the book. And told her about what we need to do in order to know the truthfulness of the message. She was really interested, and she was really willing to do what she could to know for herself that the Church and what we share is true. I was so excited for her. I think she will really progress because before when I had brought up anything about the Church she would just kind of blow it off. But now it is her who wants to talk about it! What a miracle. 

Well I hope that you all have a great week. Keep the smiles on your faces and remember that God Loves you! 

Love Elder Roe

No comments:

Post a Comment