tag:

Taiwan Flag

Taiwan Flag

Monday, May 18, 2015

When you least feel like it: PRAY

Hello all,                                                                                  May 18, 2015
How are all of you!? Happy Monday! It's a great day! Then only bad part is when I come to emails I draw a blank of what to tell you guys... I promise though that we are super busy and working hard. This week was really good and we were able to meet with a lot of people and help them continue to progress. We are starting to really see some miracles. Investigators who have been so busy are finally able to meet again and are keeping commitments. So things are looking up. The only trend that I wasn't a huge fan of was that we got "fanged" like crazy!!! We had a totally of 7 lessons that got stood up. Come on people! But what ya gonna do right? 

One actually turned out in a really tender way. Last night we had set up with a investigator and I had called him in the day to make sure for the 40th time that we were still good to meet. He was all like "oh, yeah yeah it will be no problem, no problem and all!" So we head over to the Church, and this guy is notorious for being late. So we wait, and we wait, and we wait, and he doesn't show up. I call  and call and call and he doesn't answer. I was, I guess you could say, not happy. I don't really like it when people waste our time. I mean really if you don't want to come just tell me so we can go find someone else who wants to hear what we have to say. Finally after much prayer he answered and told me he just got to 木柵.


Prayer changed my heart
 At that point, I should've just relaxed but I was, as they say, not happy. So I asked if he was still coming and he said sure, I responded that we would get on our bikes and meet him halfway. We started down the road and I was, as they say, not happy. Not really the best attitude going into a lesson. But we found him on the sidewalk and he didn't seem to care that much that he had stood us up for so long. Which didn't add to my happiness level. (Let me clarify, I wasn't angry. I just really would have liked it if he would have informed me a little earlier) Anyway we had some important things we wanted to share with him so right then and there on the side of the loud noisy street we started our lesson.

 To start out I asked if I could say a prayer, and as I said the prayer something miraculous happened. Peace, and comfort came over me. (<--wow that sounds cheesy) But really, all of the bitter feeling I had had up to this point left. I prayed more fervently that we would be able to have the Spirit with us as we spoke and guide our lesson. As we entered into the lesson the Spirit was so strongly felt. The investigator was focused and engaged. As we came to a close it came to the topic of baptism. And I asked him to choose a date that he felt he could achieve. And the tender mercy came as he said June 13th. I smiled, that's my birthday. And I couldn't think of a better birthday gift. I really hope that he can prepare by that date. Not for me of course, but I really know that this step of baptism and entering into a covenant with God can bring us closer to him than anything else. 

The power of prayer is real! At that time I have no idea why I offered to say the prayer, but I know that I needed to. I needed to let go of the things that were bothering me if we wanted to have any progress. It's so true that the times when we have the least desire to pray are the times that we most need to pray. I am so grateful that God gave us such a simple 方式 for us to communicate with him.
Our trusty bikes are a blessing

They work continues and this week we are going to be thrusting in our sickles with all of our might! I love you all and hope that you have a great day! Go get a Jamba Juice... that sounds really good. 加油!!!

Elder Roe

No comments:

Post a Comment