tag:

Taiwan Flag

Taiwan Flag

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Temple Day and taking faith to action!


Temple Day

Hello everybody!!!!                                                                               April 29, 2015

Today was a great day! We got to go to the Taipei temple and it was so incredible! It is the most incredible place on Earth. There is no other place on Earth that we can find greater peace and find answers to prayers. I LOVE THE TEMPLE! 

It is actually a little bit ironic that we went to the temple just because that really was a huge focus in our teaching this past week. We were able to talk to so many people about the temple, all with different perceptions and understanding. From those with NO IDEA, to those who were once worthy to be there and have forsaken their covenant, and to those that have a great understanding  that are still in the process of doing what they can to enter one day.

This week we really had a break through with W. The past month that I have been meeting with Him I have really not been able to figure out what we need to help him progress and make the adjustments needed to be able to go with his family to the temple and be sealed for all time and eternity. This week when we were teaching the Plan of Salvation we got to the part where we talked about those that pass away that have not had a opportunity in this life to hear the gospel will in the life to come. Which is why we have temples. He had lots of questions which we tried to answer to the best we good. Then we decided that we would teach the next lesson on the Temple and Eternal Families.
Available








Taipei LDS Temple


 I also had a prompting to have his wife who has been a member for about 30 years do something really special for this lesson. I had her write a letter to him, explaining to him why she has a desire to marry him in the temple, what it would mean to her to have him join her and be married before God and become a family that can prevail through death. I have never been so stressed and scared in my entire life!!!! I was so nervous that this letter would cause him too much stress and that he would feel too pressured, that it would have the negative effect instead of the positive one. I prayed and prayed and then prayed some more. I still felt good about what we were about to do. So we decided that we would to it.


This is the greatest work on the Earth!
 We started out the lesson introducing the temple. I asked him if he had ever seen the inside of the temple where he responded that he could not enter, he knew that. I told him today we would see the inside of the temple. I took him to lds.org where we looked at the pictures of the new beautiful Payson Temple. He was stunned as he saw the beauty of the inside of the Lord's house. This was followed by more questions. We then progressed into the lesson, and then the time came.

 And I pulled out the red envelope. A little nervous I explained to him what I had done. I then invited him to read it, right then and there. I explained that he need not share the content but that he needed to ponder what the letter contained. After an agonizing 3-4 minutes he looked up. Something had changed. No longer was there a mere interest in what we were saying but a true desire to learn more. Later I challenged him to do the things necessary to go to the temple with his wife and children and become a Eternal Family. He was honest and said that he knew this would require a lot of change and wasn't about to give me a immediate answer. But I really believe that he made progress. He told me that he would commit to giving this his whole effort. He really wanted to know and I really hope that his heart will be softened and that he would come to know the truthfulness of the gospel.
Let's go to work!

I would encourage ya'll if you haven't been to the temple recently, GO! It won't to anything other than help, inspire, and uplift. It is never ever too late to make the changes necessary to go. God has his arms wide open to welcome you into a place of peace and happiness. I love you all and I love this gospel. Thanks for the examples you all have given me, the Church is true!

Elder Roe

No comments:

Post a Comment