tag:

Taiwan Flag

Taiwan Flag

Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Merry Christmas from Taiwan!!

First of all: 聖誕節快樂!!!!!                                                  Dec 22, 2014

I hope that everyone has a very very merry Christmas this week! This week is full of fun and is just going to fly by! From our Missionary Christmas Zone Meeting on Wednesday, Ward party on Thursday and then Skype on Friday it is going to go so fast! But anyway we can give a report of the week, so without further adieu,
Merry Christmas from Taiwan

This week we went on exchanges which means for me I got to go out to Zhunan with my buddy Elder Humphries!!!! Oh my heck we had such a blast! At they beginning we were thinking it was going to be a rough night since we are both so new and weren't too sure our Chinese was up to par for us to have much success. But we quickly found out that when we just put our faith in God he will provide a way. We also got to go English boarding, where we go to the train station and just hand out English Tracks.







 I found some super awesome people had a lesson with this girl who I think has a lot of potential! I was thinking how fun it is going to be to meet with her again and then remembered that this wasn't my area... so that was a bit of a bummer. Anyway, we had a really good time together and I learned a lot.


Thanks Mom for the crazy singing Santa hat!

 After the exchanged we met back in Xin Zhu and me and Elder Illu were ready to work! We went up the mountain to some apartments and SUPER RICH HOUSES. We got off our bikes and were just pumped, I don't know what it was but we just had something that night that was really special, we were gonna get work done. We saw a man outside and walked over and just talked to him for a while. It was like that picture perfect moment that you are always hoping for. Our Chinese was good, our hand offs were super smooth and it was awesome. We slid right into asking if we could come inside and share a message with him. He said YES! We tried to stay cool, but as we followed him we looked at each other and shared our excitement/shock. We shared a little bit with him about our religion, and answered a concern that 99% of Taiwanese people have about being able to worship their ancestors. After that he said he really had interest in learning about Jesus Christ. We took down his number and invited him to come to Church and gave him the address.
Pretty Asian Gardens

 Yesterday we called him in the morning to see if he would come, he said he probably could but wasn't certain. When we got to church we started to look around and sure enough, he came! And he also brought his daughter!!! It was a perfect day to come to church because it was also the primary Christmas Program.

 It was the most cute, heart melting thing I think I have every seen. They all gave these little talks which I didn't understand hardly at all but the important stuff I got like: I know I am a Child of God, and I love my family. The man said that he really enjoyed Church and he loved how family centered it was. We asked when we could meet again and he gave us the best response ever!: "Wednesday is when me and my wife are home at the same time, so it will have to be then." This Church blesses families so much and people that come to see this Church always can see that there is a special family element about it. It is so neat!

I hope that everyone has a great week and that they have a super incredible Christmas! Remember to keep sharing the gift with everyone that you meet! I love you all and can't wait to see you this week! 加油!

Elder Roe

No comments:

Post a Comment