tag:

Taiwan Flag

Taiwan Flag

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Pray our Visas come through!

Hello all,                                                                                                      Sept 1, 2014

Well just to start off, we don't know if we will really be leaving this Friday! We are hoping that our Visa's come through. But if they don't it looks like we will be staying here until next week. Although we are really unsure at the moment. We are packing up a little bit, but don't really know how much to pack because we don't know how long we will be here. Oh well, you xinxin, you banfa (where there's a will there's a way, or where there is faith there is a way)

My District...Love them all!

 This week was a little bit rough, we lost two more of our teachers. With new Districts coming in and BYU starting up, their schedules get a little messed up. So Both Wu and Su Laoshi left us. Needless to say we were all bawling like babies. Especially for Wu Laoshi, because he was our very first investigator. On Day 3 we taught him, so he has seen us from our very best to our very worst. I never thought that I would grow as close to them while I have been here but we really do because they get to see us grow. And a lot of time it's a little painful. Our Chinese is so rough, and I imagine being in their shoes being fluent, oh man I can't imagine how bad they must want to just put the words in our mouths for us haha.

These are the missionaries in our 2 districts.

 The thing that I really learned here at the MTC is that Christ does communicate to us through the scriptures. If we are willing to be diligent to study he will help us understand and learn. There have been so many times that I have no idea where a scripture is but I need it right then and there because I remembered the key phrase and for example I could remember it was in Alma. I would open my scripture and boom there it was. God will help us if we study.
The other thing that we have to do if we want help is to set goals! We have to set reachable goals that will push us! On Tuesday we were hammered about goals, and I loved it! Probably because I am perhaps a little bit too much of a freak when it comes to goal setting. There is really nothing more satisfactory to work towards something, achieve it and then cross it of the list.
I am HEADED TO TAIWAN VERY SOON!
 
 And we cannot compare ourselves to each other. He shared a story where a diver went to a meet and got 9's and 9.5's so he stayed the rest of the time and then didn't get the winning award. The judge told him that yes, he did do a near perfect swan dive, but the winner who only got 5's and 6's had a much more difficult dive and that he really wasn't even close. He had forgotten to factor in the difficulty. In our lives the person who factors in our difficulty is Heavenly Father. So while on the outside someone's life may look great we don't know their inner struggles. He knows how much we can take and he knows how much of that difficulty we can take. So remember "be kind concerning human frailty." I love you all! I am praying for you everyday, go to work! Hopefully the next email will be from Taiwan!

Elder Roe
羅長老

No comments:

Post a Comment