tag:

Taiwan Flag

Taiwan Flag

Saturday, July 9, 2016

The hardest Goodbye I've ever had to say

Hello friends and family!

How was your week? My included a lot of miracles, mangoes, and a typhoon. So pretty awesome week as you could imagine. :) I'll start off with the typhoon. First, everyone is fine and safe. The people that got hit the worst were down on the East coast, especially TaiDong. I was on the phone with Elder Magness and Wayment a lot and I could hear the wind outside. It was nuts, lots of destruction.
Spent an awesome day with this special family. Just impossible to say goodbye to them.


 Only one or two of the missionary apartments had some water get in, but other than that everything was fine. As for outside of the apartments, not so fine. It will take some time for Taidong to get everything cleaned up. As for the north side of the island, we had some wind and rain, and everyone was off the streets since the government called everyone off work. But it was hardly anything, no damage or injuries. We were blessed to all have remained so safe. Hopefully all of the stress marks in parents faces can now fade a little bit.
 Damage in TaiDong was the worst. Roofs were ripped off and lots of damage there.

This last week was a great week. Super busy as we are approaching transfers but fun all the same. Last p-day I went back to MuZha! They were so nice and had a little farewell party. Although it was bitter sweet. One of the great ward members had suddenly passed away the night before. I went to that members house and visited and prayed with the wife, and son. I was thankful for their faith in the plan of salvation, and for their eternal perspective. I was heartbroken to hear that he had just come back up from the south and was planning on coming to see me one last time at this activity. The members here were so kind to me, I'm grateful for their love and support. It was a blessing to be with this family in such a hard moment.
What a cool experience. MuZha sent me off with a final goodbye party!
They prepared all my favorites!!!

Well I guess I better get to the hard part. It's so hard to realize that this is the last email I will be sending from the beautiful land of Taiwan as a full time missionary. I can't use words of any language to express how I feel. The closest I can get is: heartbroken. I have loved, laughed, learned, cried, experienced, and felt everything here. This is where I grew up. This is where I have found my best friend, Jesus Christ. It's where I found my long-time brothers and sisters. It's where I came to know that my Savior truly atoned for me. When I think of leaving this place, I feel like something flies into my throat and I can't breathe. In Taiwan I have learned who I really am, and who the Lord expects me to become. I learned to not give heed to what others think, but to care what God thinks. In Taiwan I have never felt more alone. Never before have I felt that no one understands, and feel life is so dull and meaningless, but in contrast never before have I felt so loved and 被關心的 That life is full of color and has so much meaning and purpose. I have that the scriptures are true. They can bring us so close to our Heavenly Father. I know that prayer works! God listens to every single one. 

The greatest lesson I learned, is that people can change. It is the most tender experience to be able to meet someone on a busy city road, teach them about their Savior Jesus Christ, say a prayer with them (which is the first time they have ever prayed) and then start an incredible journey. I have been blessed to watch families be repaired, husbands and wives stop abusing their spouse, have alcohol, cigarettes, and other addictions be given up all so they can come closer to God and have better lives. For two years it has been the greatest privilege to get a front row seat to miracles. I have loved my mission. I'm grateful God allowed the biggest change to happen within myself. I wanted to end with a final testimony:



我知道救主活著的,
我知道我們的天父非常愛我們所有的人
我知道透過神的力量約瑟斯密翻譯了摩爾門經.
我知道耶穌基督為我們的邪惡和罪受罰
我知道只要我們遵守神賜予我們的誡命我們會蒙福.
我確實知道這個復興的福音是真實的
我很感謝我的天父因為他的極大慈悲,讓我來傳教給我那麼多的祝福.
我在臺灣認識的朋友是我最愛的人他們對我而言是無價的.
我也很愛我的家庭我知道因為我的家庭被印證在一起我們永遠不會分開
我愛你們大家我很期待下個星期看到你們.
羅睿恩長老

See you all on Friday.

Elder Roe


This is Elder Roe's dad  and I just wanted to say that as our son returns home after serving the Lord, Jesus Christ for the past two years in Taiwan his mother and I want to thank everyone for the support you have all shown to us and our family. His mom has done a great job keeping the blog up to date and we're grateful for all the people who have read it. There have been readers from over 10 countries and many 1000's of views, we hope you have felt the spirit of missionary work and the love our Father in Heaven has for each and every one of us. If your an investigator or would just like to find out more about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day-Saints please go to LDS.ORG, it is a great resource. We are so excited to have Elder Roe return home but will surely miss the missionary experiences he has shared with the world.

1 comment:

  1. Taiwan Elder Abuse by Aiai Nursing Home & they have an exceptionally abusive and incompetent facility. They openly disobey basic standards of care for their disabled patients. Their front-line employees and management are a sadistic, vile crew incapable of introspection or improvement. They are disgusting people with no conscience!

    Read Full story at: https://ku-abuse.com/aiai-nursing-home-taipei

    ReplyDelete