tag:

Taiwan Flag

Taiwan Flag

Wednesday, January 27, 2016

SNOW IN TAIWAN!!! WHAT???

Hello all my favorite people,                                                                               Jan. 25, 2016

Well for starters, in case you didn't know IT'S FREEZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Like I think I might die. It was predicted at the beginning of last week that it had a possibility of snowing but everyone was like, there is no way! I would occasionally bring it up to people on the street and they all just said, "Snow, in Taipei? yeah right that's impossible." But sure enough Sunday  morning... there was snow! Really small and very light but there was most definitely snow. And it was humid. I don't mean to complain but it was really cold. Okay I'm done.
Once in a 100 years...snow in Taiwan!
 


Heartbreak of the week was L Dx.... His baptism fell through.At the last minute, his other Church called and found out that he was going to get baptized into our Church and then they 罵'ed him out. So he got cold feet and backed out. So we are going to be working on that this week. I know that he knows what we are telling him is true. I feel at peace with it and even though he might not be able to baptized right now I still feel that he will be able to work through this and it will all be ok.
Elder Zhuang and me! 
Elder Falk gave me my haircut! He's from Sweden

This week was crazy with exchanges! First with Elder Zhuang (莊) then Elder Ploeg (we are the same generation, while we were on exchanges his companion gave me a European haircut haha Elder Falk from Sweden, he did a pretty good job I love him so much, and then Elder Davidson. All of them where so much fun! And despite the wind and rain we were able to see so many miracles! I love each of the Elders in this zone, they are all so incredible! 
The Best District Ever!!! Love these people!

Yesterday at church, it was amazing! We had 5 investigators and 4 came for the first time! One was from Vietnam. She is so awesome! The problem  is that no one here speaks Vietnamese! So frustrating, I am trying to find some one that can help her and explain some things in her native language. Her Chinese is pretty good but when we start talking about a church vocabulary that naturally is lacking. So pray for me! In our gospel doctrine class we had 29 people including the teacher! So awesome! The growth this ward has had recently is insane! I have loved serving here! Gotta give a shout out to one of my favorites though: Hui Mei. She is an Aborigines A'ma. She is my momma here in Taiwan. She takes good care of us and I love her to pieces! (see pic)
Hui Mei! Love her!
My Aboriginal Momma in Taiwan. She takes great care of me!!!

Well other than that... mmm nothing else to report. This week is transfer's I feel like it is a good possibility that I will move but we will see what happens. I hope you all have a great week! Love ya'll! 

Elder Roe

No comments:

Post a Comment