tag:

Taiwan Flag

Taiwan Flag

Monday, August 17, 2015

Tapping into the Enabling Power of the Atonement!

Hello Western World,                                                                                  Aug. 17, 2015

Well this week was good but also a little bit slow. Don't really know why but sometimes that is just the way things go. As for transfers, thought I would for sure be leaving MuZha but, the Lord is Merciful. So I will be staying here for now at least 5 transfers. I am pretty excited I really feel like we are going to see miracles this transfer.
Dusk in Taiwan, what a view!

 The last transfer was mostly spend trying to find investigators, now we have a few that I really think can progress and move forward to baptism! Keep us in your prayers! Yesterday our ward did have a baptism though! It was the Sister's investigator. I did her interview, she is a super funny lady and will be a great addition to our ward. The biggest change this transfer was that our sister companionship is now a tri- companionship. crazy! Our ward is stoked to see more and more missionaries!

These banks were overflowing during the storm!
Still a lot of destruction from the typhoon
Fun celebration dinner group

Last week I told you that we did go do the finding activity in the park with our ward and I would tell you more about it this week. It was so much fun. At the beginning I was a little bit nervous just because whenever you have lots of members that have never done anything like this, sometimes it's interesting.... But it went really well. The members all loved it! They felt the fire and the joy of sharing the gospel with others! It was also humbling for me. There were many who at the beginning felt a little bit frustrated. Not knowing what to do or how to share. The reason was because like 90% of our ward are converts and have never had a opportunity like this. We talked about that and probably next week sometime we are doing a training on ways we can share the gospel with others it will be really great. 

So happy to see my best friends.
Something fun this week was to celebrate the end of transfers. A member took us up to Mao Kong to eat dinner. We are so blessed to have that in our area it is beautiful! It had just finished a huge storm. So it gave us a beautiful view of Taipei.
Had a fun visit with this little man.

Something that I wanted to share with you this week is what I have learned about the atonement. I really feel that in the last couple of days I have grown closer to my Savior than I have been for a long time on my mission. I think that sometimes we have really spiritual experiences and then we forget to do the little things to continue to develop that relationship. Anyway, something that I have started to do recently that has really changed me has been my nightly prayer. At the end of the day when I kneel down to pray I go over the day and I look at the areas where I have lacked, where I wish I could have improved, or where I didn't fulfill the potential the Lord had in mind for me. I really feel the weight of falling short. Then I do something I have never done before. But I very sincerely repent to God, I can picture the Savior in the Garden paying for my sins and mistakes and shortcomings. And I receive a spirit of peace. It's like every night he comes in and lifts that burden off of me. Then the next morning it's like I have a clean slate. To feel the power of the atonement so powerfully every night has really changed me. I feel SO grateful to my Savior. It puts everything in perspective. After my prayer, I don't have any worries. The only thing on my mind is giving the Lord my very best, and trying to love and serve those around me no matter what the circumstance. The gospel of Jesus Christ is as real as it is true.

I love you all and hope that you have a great week!!!!
What a view of Taipei at night! Loved it.

Elder Roe
PS Shout out to my man, Riley Herzog.... Elder Herzog this week! You are going to be a great missionary and just know I am thinking about you this week. Thanks for everything Ri.

No comments:

Post a Comment