tag:

Taiwan Flag

Taiwan Flag

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

A Fantastic Surprise

Hello Western Hemisphere!                                                                     July 20, 2015

How was everyone's week!? Mine was super great! I actually think that this week was the fastest one on my mission. I just didn't even notice the time and then it was gone! It also may have been because my watch broke so I didn't know the time... that would explain it. ;)
The best night!!! They surprised me!

The start of the week started off with a little bit of a disappointment though. We had a lesson set up for our investigator on Monday, it was actually our investigator who was suppose to be baptized two days ago. Brother Wu.

 But we had a great member there to help us and we were waiting on him but he didn't come. I called him and he told me he decided that he will just read and study on his own and doesn't want to meet with the missionaries. So being on a mission I have learned so much on how to be patient, loving, kind and understanding. But when you tel me you don't want to meet with me I am still the hot headed devil that I have always been. I was like "Excuse me?" Yeah I wasn't happy, but I very straightforward and lovingly shared with him that if he wanted all of the blessings our Heavenly Father WANTS to give to him we need to continue meeting and preparing for baptism. But if he doesn't have a desire to meet with us we couldn't continue and if he had interest  he could contact us.  So basically we... are done for now. Sometimes people need some time but it is really sad that he is going to wait to get the blessings when he could start right now! Keep him in your prayers.
Cool Security Guard

After that we had a week full of seeing lots of people, potentials, etc. The best part of my week was probably on Sat. night. I had one of my RC's coming to eat dinner with me and Elder Loke but what I didn't know is they surprised me and brought some more of my favorite people from 香山! It was so great to see them and catch up! I was so stoked to see them I wanted to hug them all but there were some sisters so that would have been 不行. But I loved it!

Then last night we had our missionary fireside for our ward. They have them once ever two months what is weird is that I have been there for all of them since they started cause I have been here so long haha. But I can say in that time I have seen a HUGE change in the ward and there outlook towards missionary work! The Stake Pres. and Bishop have made plans for some places in our areas where the ward is going to go finding with us. Like everyone. I love the Stake President he told me yesterday that finding is the wards responsibility, our responsibility is to teach. I know that if he can fulfill this vision the ward/stake with grow and be so fruitful! 

Well that's about it for now. I love you all so much and hope you have a great week!

Elder Roe
I LOVE THIS PICTURE. (if you don't read Chinese you wont get it though...;))
All you Chinese Readers will have to tell me what this means....

No comments:

Post a Comment