tag:

Taiwan Flag

Taiwan Flag

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Running in Asia!!!

Dajia hao!                                                                                                                         10/13/2014

Wow, the past week has been insane. Last time I really talked to all of you I was still in Omaha. Then early Thursday morning I got a call from the President. He asked me if I was ready to go to Taiwan? I of course said yes! He then said, good, because you are leaving tomorrow morning at 6 AM. And from there I started running and didn't really stop. That day was full of packing and making sure everything was ready to go and saying goodbye to some of the members that I had met.

Omaha Elders who are headed to Taiwan!!!
 That night we all met up at the mission home and we said goodbye to Pres. and Sister Weston. It was in all honesty SO HARD! We were so excited to be leaving but then again so sad. It is true that God expands your heart beyond what you are capable of. As we all said good bye, I realized how much I had already grown to love these people and how hard this was going to be. So with all of  us crying like babies we got into the van and rolled off. We stayed at the assistants apartment and had a good time catching up and then we were up at 3 the next morning to start the adventure!

 We flew to Dallas where we had a 6 hour layover. We met an awesome girl on her way to Uganda for humanitarian work. She was incredible and we collectively taught her and gave  her a book of Mormon. We also met up with some other missionaries there. Then from there we flew to Japan! Wow, seriously I never want to fly in a plane for that long again. We made the most of it, but I do not like being that confined for that long. We had to go through security again in Japan and we had to spring our guts out. We had to hurry and board the plan in about a half hour. We barley made it on and then looked around to find EVERYONE was there, the 30 of us! We were all so stoked to see each other! And we were on our way to Taiwan! (this is partially a lie, one sister was having a few health issues and has not come to Taiwan so please keep here in your prayers) We landed and made our way through immigration smoothly and met the President and we were taken to the Mission home.
My view outside my bedroom window on night #1!!!

 By this time it was midnight in Taiwan so we all went to bed and got a good nights sleep! The next day was fast Sunday we got to meet a lot of members and we had a good time. We even went to a big park and tried contacting. Up until this point it just all felt like a whirlwind. The next morning is when it really clicked that we were in Taiwan. President Day took us on a run and didn't say where we were going. As I started running I looked up around me and it all sunk in. I was running through the streets of Asia! It was so cool, I feel like a dork but I was so stoked I had the biggest grin on my face. He took us to Chiang Kai Shek memorial which was as beautiful as it was large. The next morning we were taken to the Grand Hotel, which is where the mission was dedicated. On the grounds we went and said our own dedicatory prayer. It was such a neat spiritual experience! 
Beautiful Building in Taiwan

My Boss Sister and Nephew!!!
Then the moment we have all been waiting for right!? The transfer meeting! I was called to go the the city of XiangShan in Zhunbei! It's way out west, when we travel we can see the ocean that goes straight to China. It is an awesome little place! My companion is Elder Illu! He has been out for about a year and a half and is such a good missionary. I will have a lot to learn from him. He helps a lot because I is learning characters so when we go to eat he can actual tell me what I am ordering haha. And of course he helps me in even more ways than that! The language is a blast and a half and way hard. But the people here are so nice and will try to help you as much as they can. There is this cute little Chinese lady that I go and get breakfast from and she knows exactly what have ordered before and will just point to the sandwiches or what not and if I tell here that is what I want she knows exactly how to make it with what I want haha she is awesome. And it is true that Asian's like pictures, I never been asked to take a picture with someones dog before... So that was new experience.
Sweet Reward
 

Also, shout out to my sister who had a kid like a boss. I am so excited that my nephew is here and healthy! So many exciting things are happening its a fun time! 

Well that is about it. We got to watch General Conference yesterday because Taiwan is on the re broadcast program. And I got to watch it in English with the other missionaries so that was really really good! I hope that everyone will take the time to study those talks and apply them to your life! Praying for all of you!!

Elder Roe 

No comments:

Post a Comment