tag:

Taiwan Flag

Taiwan Flag

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

I'm a Missionary now!

Well folks this dream of mine has finally come! I am now a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Tomorrow I will report to the Provo MTC and begin my service. I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of my Family and friends who have helped my on this journey and inspire me to make this decision. You have made impact on me in so many ways that it is hard to describe.The patience, kindness and love have helped me realize that I can also do those things for others. I love each of you and especially those who have taken the time to listen to my dreams and my concerns and were always there when I needed you most!
 I would like to bare witness that this is God's true gospel on this Earth and that through Joseph Smith the restoration of priesthood authority was brought again restored to man. And that if we come to him and be baptized and keep the covenants which we made that we will be blessed beyond comprehension. I also know that Thomas S. Monson is the rightful Prophet today and by him we are led in the direction of returning to our Heavenly Father. Last of all, that Jesus is the Christ and he lived and died, and was resurrected and that he DOES LIVE! Come unto Christ. Look unto him is every thought, doubt not, fear not. I love you all and feel so blessed to serve the people of Taiwan. Till we meet again.

Elder Roe



We took Porter to the MTC today and as most understand that is not the easiest thing to do. We have tried to raise Porter and our other children in a way that they could make their choices effectively and hopefully in a wise manner. Though that isn't that case every single day we are so proud of Porter and his decision to serve the Lord and set aside the world for the next two years. These will be foundational in his growth and more importantly with every missionary brings additional opportunities for others to make and keep sacred covenants that will bring us back to the presence of God if we will do our part. Jody will be updating Porter and Taylor's blogs while they serve and we hope you will feel some of their missionary spirit as well. 
                                   Eldon

                                                       Here are some pictures from today.



It only took a small amount of coaxing!!


A little tender mercy...Elder Wolford greeted Elder Roe 
It's only two years...RIGHT?

  

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE your last picture that you posted! I hope that my kiddos have as great of a relationship as Brenna and Porter. What a fabulous family you are! I am blessed to know all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Pics! He is going to be one fantastic missionary and I can't wait to hear about all of his adventures!

    ReplyDelete