tag:

Taiwan Flag

Taiwan Flag

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Goodbye Father

Hello to you all,

Well this week was super eventful! I lost my Father this week and that was a very sad day.(Mission lingo for his trainer) Elder Illu is now serving down in Taidong. (<-- Lucky) And I am still here in XiangShan. My new companion is Elder Loke, and I love him so much! He is from Malaysia! He has actually been  on a mission as long as I have but since he could already speak Mandarin he has been in Taiwan since the end of July. He is a very good missionary and I will have a lot I can learn from him.

This week was of course once again filled with miracles. The first miracle was at Church yesterday we had 11 LA's! It was so incredible, and nearly all of them are very close to being fully active again! The next miracle was a man by the name of (). He has been meeting with us with a one of the LA's we meet with. He has been meeting with missionaries for a long time but has never really wanted to be baptized. Although he keeps all of the commitments we extend to him and obeys all of the commandments. Yesterday he told me, "I'm ready, what do I have to do to accept baptism?" I wanted to jump on him and give him a huge hug!!!!! But then I remembered he was Taiwanese and would  probably feel really awkward. So instead I told him we would review with him and get him ready. We also had our solid investigator there who will be baptized next month when he gets back from vacation and another member brought their little neighbor who wants to get baptized! yeah I don't even know how all of that happened. During that meeting I could just feel God's love, he loves His children so much. 

Our transfer meeting was really big because we are having visa problems again! Which means we didn't get ANY new missionaries. So we had to close and consolidate area's. So please pray for the visa waiters! We are really excited for them to get here. When they do it is gonna get so crazy! President Day told us he had to give us a fair warning. Many of our companionships could only last three weeks so make the most of it! So that is what we will do! The Church is true and the work is real! I hope that everyone has a great week! I love you all and miss you tons!

Elder Roe

No comments:

Post a Comment